ENJOYED IT? LIKE IT AND ROCK THE CLASS!
You want more?
- Net Income of Monsanto on 2011 : US$ 1.659 billion (source : Bloomberg)
- In USA, estimation shows that around 70% of processed food is GMO and same percent of Americans are not aware about it. More numbers here
- GMO coming to Europe is mostly found in the cereals which feed the live-stock. More here
- GMO doesn't bring any solution to poor countries as they claim. It's actually pretty much the contrary.
Also, I concentrated on Monsanto because it's the biggest biocrop corporation but others exists as well (Pioneer). If you want to go further in your investigations, here are more informations :
- Obviously, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which is supposed to protect the consumers is big time corrupted. This is how this mess started and Monsanto started to do his dirty business.
- Why should you avoid GMO's?
- Top 10 facts you should know about Monsanto. Well, the cartoon talks about all of it but you can find more details about each problems.
- Issues with farmers are really dramatic. Tons of articles exists but i'd like you to know about the situation in India for instance. But good news at least, India just decided to approve GMO labelling tag.
- Monsanto is a very powerful corporation which spent 10 million dollars in lobbying every year. You can read here about how they spent 4 millions dollars to defeart California GMO labelling initiative.
- The reaction of Monsanto on their website
- Agent Orange was a herbicide used in the Vietnam War. Now over three decades later, Monsanto is fighting claims to compensate Veterans and families effected by the toxin they made and distributed. Monsanto is still denying that Agent Orange (now banned for it’s high levels of toxicity) was the cause. Monsanto have even fabricated false research results stating that the only harmful reaction from Agent Orange was a slight skin rash. Although convicted for the crime they still refuse to pay medical compensation.
- Aspartame is a nightmare for your health, if you feel concerned about it of course. Start to ban everything which starts with LIGHT if you want to avoid aspartame.
- Russia just suspended imports and use of GMO corn
- I will highly recommend you to watch the documentary of the French reporter Marie-Monique Robin, The World According to Monsanto. The film is based on Robin's three-year long investigation into the corporate practices around the world of the United States agricultural giant. Excellent investigation.