HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHERE PACIFIC ISLANDER COMES FROM?
At the moment of the expedition, they are reaching the Tuamotu Archipelago, in the middle of the Pacific (1500 km east of Papeete)
JOURNEY OF THE RAFT OVER 3 MONTHS
Arrival : Tuamotu Archipelago (Raroia reef) 07/08/1947
ENJOYED IT? LIKE IT AND ROCK THE CLASS! YEAH !
You want more?
HERE THE REAL PICTURE OF KON-TIKI!
This expedition is seriously such a piece of madness that i couldn't make it shorter ! As usual, every informations related in the cartoon are true. I absolutely wanted to give you some details in order you guys to realize how crazy shit was this ocean passage on a bamboo raft! Regarding to the date of the expedition (1947) and the 'skills' of the participants which were friends of Thor Hayerdahl, i think this is one of the most crazy history of History! (Thor Ayerdahl ready to jump in a parachute to get his wood, mad!).Anyway,
- Nowadays, you can admire a replica of the Kon-Tiki in Oslo, in Oslo museum in Bygdøy (wich provides as well a replica of the Ra). The museum provides excellent information about the expeditions, as pictures!
- This website will tell you more about the 'raft' with a cool picture of Thor trying to steer it !
- In 2006, the Tangaroa expedition attempted to duplicate Thor Heyerdahl’s Kon-Tiki expedition and successfully completed the voyage . One of the dude participating to the voyage is Olav Heyerdahl , Thor Heyerdahl’s grandson.
- Of course, the wikipedia page if you want to know more!
- A unique film from 1947 made onboard. See The balsaraft Kon-Tiki at sea in in heavy waves before reaching the Raroia reef, in the Tuamotu, end of the expedition
- A good website exploring the background of the polynesians and all the History around
- This one explores the mysteries of the Pacific...because still....
- An article from 2011 relating the evidences of Polynesians coming from Asia
- A norwegian movie with excellent rate has just been released on the topic !